Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How to succeed in grad school.

Fellow STGer's! I spoke to my stepbrother who did his MBA at harvard awhile ago. I thought what better person to give some tips on grad school. A lot of it seems obvious, but some not so much. I'm posting this to share, and hopefully it will also become ingrained in my mind from now on! Knowledge is power afterall.

1. Exercise before studying. Studies have shown that Andrenelin helps brain function  and  abosrbtion of material.

2. Get your personal chores, and other things out of the way first. That way when you start studying you won't feel guilty about it later.

3. Set a schedule, write it down. Get in the routine, the hard part is sticking to it.

4. Study for 45 minutes at a time and not more. Take 15 minute breaks in between. Your brain can only absorb so much.

5. Get proper sleep. For an adult that's 8 hours. (yeah right! lol) and eat a balanced diet.


6. 'All work and no play make Jack a dull boy'. In otherwords, don't sacrifice your social life completely, set aside some time for friends, or loved ones.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andreas!
    Thank you for posting this! This just reiterated how important not just studying, but also time management, will be this semester. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Andreas . . . thanks for sharing it. I wish my present self could go kick my undergrad self in the behind for whining about workload!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome guys, hope it helps, and hope I can stick to these basics myself! I've printed it and stuck it on my fridge. Hope the more I visualize it, I will internalize it and follow it through, and if I don't follow those basics, that stupid paper will stare me down, and make me feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete