Follow my progress, as I try to become a more self actualized teacher in South Korea.
Monday, September 10, 2012
new title, new direction!
I've changed the title of my blog to reflect more of my beliefs. I felt the old title was being a little too down on myself, confessions just sounds too churchy and as if I am confessing my sins to a priest and not really doing a good job at all. I always liked the idea of buddhism, it seems more natural and self actualizing, versus the Christian belief system that we are all sinners. I know self actualization is a process we all go through and we try to add value to our lives (not monetary). Maslow describes it in a more social context of economic gain and how we view ourselves. Damn those business courses! lol I'm just here to try and be a better and a more reflective teacher. In doing so, I will learn a lot more about my own being, in the here and now. Not sure, if people remember the Karate Kid and Mr. Miyagi saying: 'Hai - can see. No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do' I will leave you to make your own opinions, and comments are welcome. On that note, hope y'all have a great night, err.., morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete